Roofs don’t last forever and will eventually deteriorate as they reach the end of their lifespan. It’s mainly because they are constantly exposed to harsh elements and extreme weather.
In this post, one of your trusted rubber roof companies discusses common reasons roofs deteriorate over time.
1. Ultraviolet Radiation – The sun causes a molecular breakdown on roofs, which dries and deteriorates the material. Roofing materials that are dry and brittle would eventually lose their water resistance.
2. Wind – Harsh winds can lift the edges of roofing shingles, which exposes the surface underneath to moisture and debris.
3. Water – The decking and rafters can rot if water gets underneath the shingles. The structural integrity of your roof will suffer once these components start to rot. Leaks from the roof can cause water damage to the insulation, walls, ceilings and electrical system. Always have your roof inspected after an extreme weather event for early detection of roofing issues. Choose Silver Leaf Contracting, one of your leading roofing and siding contractors for your roof repair needs.
4. Trees – Branches can severely damage your roof. Dried leaves and seeds can end clog gutters and hold standing water. Without sufficient drainage, water from the gutters can seep into your roof and cause rotting.
5. Damaged Flashing – The flashing around the chimney, vents and roof junctions prevent water from entering your home. A deteriorating flashing can cause water to get into your indoor space through gaps and penetrations.
6. Poorly Ventilated Attic – The heat from the attic with the heat from the sun can speed up the deterioration of your roof, leading to early failure. Some warranties are voided if the attic isn’t sufficiently ventilated.
7. Expansion & Contraction – During the day, your roof stretches out due to heat. The cooler evening temperature makes it contract. The stress from expansion and contraction can loosen metal drains and flashings. Thermal movement can also cause a roof to split.
When it’s time to replace your old roof, you can rely on Silver Leaf Contracting, one of your most trusted local metal roof companies. Our team specializes in rubber, shingle, and metal roofs. Call us at (330) 236-4010 or complete our online form for a free quote.
Contact Us Today When you need to hire the best construction contractors around contact Silver Leaf Contracting at (330) 313-0620 or use our convenient online request form to get more information. Our contractors are standing by to show you why customers trust us for all their roofing siding gutters & window needs.
We called Silver Leaf following some storm damage. Josh got back to us right away, and our roof was replaced the next week! He worked with us to fix the necessary repairs within our budget. Everyone was very courteous on phone, text, and in person!
Silver leaf contracting is ran by a man who doesn’t make moves not only like a business owner… he puts on the shoes of a homeowner which makes his reliability off the charts!!! Definitely would recommend silver leaf to anybody who wants to turn ...
This was the first time we ever had damage to our home from a storm and we weren't sure what to expect. Spencer and Josh originally came to our door and we were skeptical, at first. Ater talking with them about the process, we felt confident that ...
Silver Leaf Contracting did an amazing job on my home due to the damage it received by the April storm. Josh and his crew made the process very simple. He is very knowledgeable and explained in great detail what needed to be done. He and his team ...
Josh did a fantastic job working with our insurance company, taking the time to explain every level of the process with us. He and his crew were very professional, polite, and the clean up was exceptional. They got our old roof torn off and the ...